With the shooting death of Alton Sterling by the Baton Rouge Police Department, this adds to a list of actions that could get you killed if you’re black in the United States.
1. Selling CDs outside of a supermarket.
2. Selling cigarettes outside of a corner store.
3. Walking home with a friend.
4. Missing a front license plate.
5. Wearing a hoodie.
6. Riding a commuter train.
7. Holding a fake gun in a park in Ohio.
8. Holding a fake gun in a Walmart in Ohio.
9. Holding a fake gun in Virginia.
10. Holding a fake gun in Washington, D.C.
11. Calling for help after a car accident.
12. Driving with a broken brake light.
13. Attending a Bible study class.
14. Failing to signal a lane change.
15. Walking away from police.
16. Walking toward police.
17. Running to the bathroom in your apartment.
18. Walking up the stairwell of your apartment building.
19. Sitting in your car before your bachelor party.
20. Holding your wallet.
21. Making eye contact.
22. Attending a birthday party.